FLEXIBLE STUDY OPTIONS
HOW TO LAUNCH A FITNESS BUSINESS
CONDITIONING & HEALTHY EATING
CERTIFICATE IV IN FITNESS (SIS40215)
Entry to this qualification is open to those who hold a current first aid qualification and current CPR certificate and who have achieved the following units of competency:
- SISFFIT001 Provide health screening and fitness orientation.
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations.
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs.
- SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming delivery.
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information.
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals.
- SISFFIT0014 Instruct exercise to older clients.
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service.
While there are definite employment outcomes for students who have only completed the Certificate III in Fitness, the majority of businesses look for Certificate IV graduates, and most students aim to complete SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness to further their prospects. The Certificate IV opens many more opportunities, including the opportunity to work as a Personal Trainer and pathways to further study.
ADVANCING YOUR CAREER
Students wishing to advance to the Diploma of Fitness need their Certificate IV in Fitness as well as 12 months industry experience at Certificate IV level. Many of our Certificate IV graduates decide to continue their professional development at the College of Health & Fitness, with courses including the Diploma of Fitness or the Certificate IV in Weight Management. Courses in Business, Ayurveda Yoga Teaching and Health are also available. Students can also do short courses or skill sets in Aqua or Group Exercise, Boxing, Altitude Training, First Aid or Pelleres to boost the range of training options they can offer clients.
We receive regular enquiries from industry professionals to refer our graduates for work opportunities and receive positive feedback about their skills and abilities.